Thursday, October 8, 2009

Boorowa Irish Wool Fest '09

On the weekend, Emily and I travelled back to my hometown Boorowa for the annual Irish Wool Fest event. I must say, the weather wasn't great, however the rain did manage to stop just before the parade. It's a shame it was so cold though! A nice hot latte from the Bakery was the perfect solution :)

The parade had it all, starting with the famous 'running of the sheep', a number of sheep being shorn on the back of trucks (as pictured), the worlds longest bike, fire trucks filled with cute kids waving, noisy tractors, colourfully decorated cars filled with sheep, Celtic pipe bands and much much more.

Emily and I also visited the farm animal station, where we got to visit with this beautiful sleeping calf. We also seen some little chicks, some duckings, a nice quiet rabbit, some bigger ducks, and some big sheep: one of which took quite the liking (and a little nibble) to my green handbag!
To finish off the day, we went to the main stage and watched Luke Dickens, Australian Idol 08 runner up perform. I remember watching Luke on Australian Idol back when Emily was in my tummy, I am a huge fan. His performance was great. He sang a song that he wrote for his partner and son in public for the first time, and it was just beautiful: got me a little teary, though it's not hard to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment