Monday, July 26, 2010

A dress challenge!


So another one of my 'family time' projects was making a beautiful dress for Miss Emily!

Project 3:
Ivy Designs were looking for a few people to road test some of their new patterns, and I was lucky enough to be chosen to trial the Montana Pinafore Dress! After buying Emily a pinafore dress back at Allies Attic a few weeks ago I had been keen to try making a pinafore dress myself anyway, so the timing was perfect.

Let me just say, this pattern was SO easy! I have not done a lot of sewing with patterns, and often find them a little challenging, but this one was so simple, and had lots of pictures to help explain the steps too. What I really love about it is that it comes as a PDF, so I made Emily a size 1 dress, and when she gets bigger, I can just reprint the pattern and cut out the size 2! And 3... and 4! I think the dress took me a little over 4 hours from start to finish, but at least half of that time was doing the Babushka Doll.


I think I am going to get some beautiful fabric and make up some simple summer dresses. No doll on the front, just let the fabric do the talking. I figure they will take me two hours at the most!

Anyway, I highly recommend this pattern, and no doubt the others are all great as well! Thanks for the opportunity Ivy Designs!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment