Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome to 2010 my friends!





Well I couldn't think of a better way to start the first post of the New Year than with some beautiful pics taken by my friend Tania of Chicken-Ink of her daughter Maddy wearing one of my hats!! I really do love crafting, but I really really LOVE seeing my products being used and enjoyed. Such a sense of fulfilment!

So the year that was 2009 has been and gone. What a year it was. We moved to Sydney, my husband began a new job, and Emily and I started getting settled in a new area: playgroup, ABA meetings, and swimming lessons are great!! I also began this idea of Taylored4Baby. I must say, my hesitation hindered my progress in 2009. I missed out on signing up for some key markets for fear that I wouldn't have enough stock, that no one would like what I had etc. I finally bit the bullet and participated in the Epping Markets in December. And guess what... it turns out you can make enough stock if you need to! Never mind the 2-3am finishes... and one 5am one! And guess what else... people liked my products! I can't tell you how good it felt to make my first public sale! And of course I have this blog, which I love, but fear I neglect somewhat, and I also started a facebook fan page. On the family side, we sold our 2 bedroom unit, and finally found ourselves a home! A real family home! We should hopefully settle on the 15th! On the Emily front... so much has happened in 2009! She started eating real food, starting sitting up, standing up, crawling, saying mum, dad and nan (plus a whole gabble of her own language!), got some teeth and my fav thing... she now gives cuddles!

In looking ahead, on the business front, I have applied for two big babies and children's markets so far... hopefully I get it! I will also find some smaller markets in the new area that we will be living in. I plan to do more crafting for my daughter: starting with a skirt and top! I've not really made clothes before, so looking forward to the challenge! On the home front, I AM going to plan the evening meals better! There is not enough time to be wondering every day what I will make for dinner. I can't wait to move into our new house, and make it a home! I'll enjoy watching my baby do all sorts of things that will amaze me. We will also be going back to San Francisco to visit our friends in 2 months time! We can hardly wait. I'm just not sure how the 13 hours flight will go with a16 months old!

So, looking forward to the journey ahead, and look forward to sharing it with you. I hope we all have an amazing 2010!

xo

1 comment:

  1. A trip to San Fran with a 16month old. You are so brave!! Love the post Naomi. I hope 2010 is a brilliant year for Taylored4Baby and your little family!!

    ReplyDelete