Friday, May 20, 2011

A Melly & Me baby gift!

Recently... (okay, a few months ago...) a dear friend of mine had a beautiful baby boy: Lachlan. I wanted to make something special for him. Something he could use, and keep for a long time. So I made a cot quilt!



It's made from the Melly & Me Little Menagerie range and I paired it with a simple white cotton so that the fabrics could really pop! The design of the quilt is modelled quite closely on one that's featured in the Melly & Me book Kaleidoscope. There are some very cool ideas in this book!

I happen to know that this little boys room was decorated 'gender neutral', so I wanted to help make it a baby boy space without making drastic changes, hence the most popular thing since sliced bread (at least in my head) BUNTING! 

Of course I forgot to take a pic of the bunting before I sent the package off... but here are some leftover bits! I figure if someone has a little boy... and they happen to name him a 3 letter name, I can make some cute bunting to go over the cot  :-)


Welcome to the world Lachlan!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment